Recclesia are very well known for their expertise in the conservation and repair of historic building stones alongside the production of new architectural masonry for use in both historic building repair works and new projects. Stonemasonry was our founding discipline and remains at the heart of our business and the projects we undertake.
Our masonry conservation work is led by mason and stone conservator of fifty years, Geoff Moore, who's expertise drives our committment to current best practice in conservation technique alongside a thorough understanding of materials and traditional skills. Our masonry skills have been tried and tested by conservation architects, local authorities, English Heritage, Cadw, The National Trust, and Church Parochial Councils.
Our masons are fully qualified in their traditional trade and carry heritage specific CSCS cards. Recclesia is a Full Member of the Stone Federation of Great Britain and abides by its high standards and codes of conduct.
As a result of the combined and extensive experience of our team we believe that we can provide any service that you as a client may need for any stone masonry works. If you have a project you think might suit us, we welcome any enquire and look forward to hearing from you.
- Masonry conservation and repair
- Production of new architectural masonry, including carving and figurative works
- Structural consolidation and repair works
- New commissions, design, and research work
- Condition surveys, treatment reports and specialist schedules of work
- Specialist cleaning, including Torc and Doff systems, simple mechanical cleaning, laser cleaning, as well as a range of poulticing methods
- Surface consolidation including grouting, filleting and the application of conservation resin repair systems
- Lime mortar conservation and re-application; we use as standard NHL systems and hot mix lime systems
- Pigmented and variegated lime shelter coating